Senior Frontend Engineer (Full-time and Contract)
Software Engineering Language
Are you looking for a career where your creativity is limitless? Then you should apply to join our company today! We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team! We are looking for someone who is well versed in writing code that is clean, modern, maintainable and reusable and adheres to code standards. Our main goal is to find engineers who see the big picture when they are doing their work and apply innovative problem-solving skills to provide effective solutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Take the lead on mobile and desktop application's development. Optimize our current web application to be more responsive and develop mobile-first, single page applications using Angular 2 for use on various devices and in various environments.
- Provide support for the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean, easily maintainable and reusable components (using Ember.js).
- Validate and assess for cross browser/platform/device compatibility.
- Assist with troubleshooting and help develop solutions to fix bugs and mitigate the chance future bugs.
- Recommend possible improvements in components and code libraries.
- Provide mentorship for fellow Engineers.
- Maintain code libraries and document technical specs.
- Represent the front-end team in architecture meetings and solutions for the organization.
- Participate in code standards and lead code reviews.
- Help plan and set the course for upcoming projects.
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience building websites that adhere to mobile-first functionality and fluid layouts
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience architecting solutions for, and creating reusable components for use across multiple applications in the form of web components, or components as defined in AngularJS, React, Vue etc. Experience with Angular 2 is a big plus!
- Familiarity with server-side web frameworks such as Django, Linux and AWS environments and understanding of Linux and HTTP fundamentals.
- Experience with WebSockets or Service Workers.
- Proficiency in Node.js and the command line.
- Expertise with Gulp.js or a similar build tool.
- Extensive experience writing unit, integration and acceptance/UI tests and a strong ability to debug code that is reusable, testable and efficient.
- Consumer-facing web app experience.
- Passion to explore and use the latest development tools and platforms.