Embedded Audio DSP Engineer
Use your tech experience to make difference in people’s lives. This company utilizes AI to help expand everyday possibilities for individuals with hearing disabilities. They are looking for an Audio Engineer with a passion and talent for developing novel techniques in acoustic modeling to join their compelling team. This position is the ideal one for someone who is interested in using their tech talents to produce new and compelling services to customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop new techniques in acoustic modeling that includes working on improving audio processing on systems that learn from experience on large data sets
- Optimize existing algorithms to our listening aid system
- Debug and optimize audio processing performance on target hardware using manufacturing samples
- Work to improve the hearing aid system experience by carefully considering customer feedback and working closely with the machine learning acoustics team
What You Will Need
- 3+ years of industry experience in designing and implementing audio DSP algorithms related to audio and/or speech processing in a hardware product
- Strong knowledge of various signal processing techniques, including adaptive filtering, filter banks, and wavelet processing, speech analysis and synthesis, speech and audio coding
- Comfortable prototyping audio algorithms (MATLAB or Python) and bringing these algorithms to the DSP by writing customer-facing code (e.g., Assembly and C)
- An understanding of analog and digital audio processing specifically filer theory and design and adaptive audio processing algorithms.
- Product focus: excited to work in a growth opportunity and to take a major role in developing a new hardware product for those who need hearing assistance
- Experience working in a team software environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.