We are looking for a Senior Robotics Software Engineer to improve, maintain and test the software that powers our autonomous robots.
As a key member of the engineering team working on the first autonomous robot in the US you will:
- Participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production.
- Tackle complex robotic problems such as dead reckoning, control, automated calibration, decision making under uncertainty, and navigation/path planning.
- Be in charge of maintaining the robotic codebase with an emphasis on reliability and uptime.
- Improve coding standards and spread them throughout the team.
We get excited about self-starter and hard-working candidates who have:
– A BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
– 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
– Deep experience with ROS.
– Proficiency in Python and C++, strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in Linux environment.
– A perfect knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, releases, and unit testing,
– Skills in algorithm development
– Quality control experience
– 2+ years lead experience
– Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software